Sunday, September 28, 2008

Well, for me it is still uncertain if I will make it to the Kilimanjaro. Someone stole my laptop with my passport while waiting to enter the plane to Nairobi. Not nice! After declaring the theft to the police I had to find my hotel, booked through the tourist information at the airport. I got the answer machine of the ambassy but they also mentioned an emergency number. Anyway, the only help they offered was to wait till Monday for the ambassy to open. Air-France is only offering a flight to Nairobi on 1 October. So, I probably have to spend the next 4 days in Paris.

Anyway, It's now Sunday and I have spend yesterday buying a toothbrush and other personal hygiene things, a little rugsack to put it in and an extra t-shirt. My luggage went through to Nairobi so I have here only the clothes I wear. The rest of the day I spend at the airport trying to get this flight on Wednesday, all flights on Monday are full. French police is not that helpful since they don' speak English and I don't speak French. I had to change hotel because the I could only stay there one night and they offered me a reasonable alternative. However, the sewage pipe of this new room was blocked and I could not use the toilet, sink or bath. Today they offered me another room. Tomorrow I will try to get an emergency passport that will allow me to go to Nairobi.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

It seems you're having fun...

Anonymous said...

I wish you good luck.
I used to say that I love Frnce and that the only thing I don't like are the french themselves
(even if I have some good friends there).
My last stay at Hotel des Arenes last July confirm my idea.
So, if you are staying in Paris, please pay attention to the bed bugs.
The funny think is that they try to mention that maybe they come with you ....

Sincerely, all the best and hope you take the plane to Nairobi soon.

GSilveira