Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Physical Preparation...





















Of course that every participant wanted to do specific preparations for the climbing as the starting date of the project was approaching... I had the same ambitions... And I even had excellent conditions... I am spending my daily life between Covilhã (on the flanks of Serra da Estrela (top image), the highest point in Portuguese Mainland - ok, only 1991m - we need to prepare ESTRELA2009 to check it) and Serpins, Lousã where I awake up (when I'm there) having the beautiful mountain of Trevim (bottom image) on the front of me...

But, the truth is that most of my free time in last months was done in collaboration with PanEuropa... I'm counting many miles inside planes going to Africa... The good thing is that I can say that I'm used to altitude by now... Unfortunately not to the lack of oxigen...

No comments: